Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Final Blog Post

In order to implement the first goal of my GAME plan, I needed to learn how to construct an online course in our school management system, ANGEL. This was a priority that had been on my list since August, and due to the process of setting goals for my GAME plan, I have, finally, pursued the instruction I need to begin the New Year with the first facet of my online classroom, which will entail blog responses every two weeks. Therefore, due to the extra impetus of our course requirements, I am on my way to discovering the other end of online learning, from the instructor’s point of view. I am excited about beginning a reflective blog in my course because, very often, I neglect to pause for reflection during class time. Since visual arts is a hands-on lab, much of the course material is difficult to effectively teach on-line, therefore, I find that teacher-student interfacing is best served while working on art projects. The on-line option has provided additional opportunities for reflection and art history.

Developing an on-line learning community is still a work in progress. The form and quality it takes will depend on my persistence in making connections. I enjoy getting on the Internet, and exploring. What a wide open world it is, too…… I’m really looking forward to sharing thoughts with others to deepen my professional scope, and due to my GAME plan, these goals now have a sharpened focus in my workday. All in all, these goals can only improve my practice, and I’m satisfied that they are good choices for me, personally, as well as, professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment