Monday, December 14, 2009

Monitoring My GAME Pan

At this juncture, the implementation of my GAME Plan is on hold. I have attempted to set up an online blog through Angel, but have been frustrated with conflicting schedules. Our Instructional Technologist is often busy when I am free and visa versa. I still have a week to get this simple project done before the winter break begins, so modifying my plan does not seem necessary, yet. Recently, I have located resources on the Four Step Art Criticism process, which will be helpful in structuring my learning environment. The first steps were to have the students critique artwork in a class blog on a bi-weekly basis, alternating between critiques of student artwork and famous art pieces. Hopefully, I can get this accomplished according to my plan.

Our HEART committee has not met in December, due to the holiday rush, but my commitments to this committee have already been established for the New Year. As far as, engaging in professional blogs, I have established my blog, but more connections need to be made. By developing my own personal learning community, I think I will find more fruitful interactions between myself and other art educators. This will require more research and time on my part. Finding quality blogs that are of interest to me, as well as, researching group blogs is the next step. Then, I must establish RSS feeds on those blogs in order to follow the conversations and exchange of ideas taking place on a daily basis. Not finding time for this has been very frustrating, as well, because I am very motivated to construct a learning community. Maybe the winter break will give me enough time to build the interactive environment that I envision.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the frustration of trying to work with staff members of the Instructional Technology Team. It can be quite frustrating to put new ideas into practice. Does your school offer any summer planning or training time? I have found that this is much more productive for me personally. We each get approximately 10-15 paid hours of training to work with the the technology support staff each summer. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi,

    Our district is currently in a financial crunch, so no stipends are available for extra training. They have never been very generous with training, as a rule, though.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete